Cannabigerol or CBG is a cannabinoid that is one of the several chemicals present in the cannabis plant. The more popular CBD and THC compounds are also derived from the same plant. But recently, the potential health benefits of CBG has made more people interested in trying it.
If you can still not decide whether you should buy CBG oil or not, here’s a guide you can go through and make an informed decision:
Properties of CBG that Deliver Strong Healing Effects
CBG has a variety of properties that promote healing:
Laden with anti-inflammatory properties, CBG is a common ingredient in several topical treatments for muscle pain, joint pain, arthritis, and gut inflammation.
Antifungal and Antibacterial:
Like most other major cannabinoids, this compound also has antifungal, antibacterial, and antimicrobial properties.
The antioxidative properties present in CBG can prevent different types of damage at the cellular level. It can fight against free radicals and increase your body’s capacity to produce superoxide dismutase in the body.
CBG is known to have active neuroprotective properties that help heal and protect the nervous system. That is why it is an excellent treatment option for Parkinson’s, Alzheimer’s, and Huntington’s diseases.
The compound is known to stimulate appetite and interact with different molecules to regulate it.
Conditions that CBG can Treat
According to reputed sellers like Steve’s Goods, CBG has emerged as one of the most diverse cannabinoids with therapeutic benefits. Some of the health conditions that the compound is known to treat are:
- Anxiety: CBG inhibits the uptake of GABA (gamma-aminobutyric acid) by your brain. When CBG blocks its absorption, it increases GABA extracellular concentrations and treats insomnia, anxiety, muscle tremors, and chronic pain.
- Depression: Anandamide is an endocannabinoid that increases dopamine levels and regulates sleep and appetite. CBG oil boosts its levels in the body, thereby improving mood and stimulating feelings of well-being and happiness. Low levels of anandamide lead to schizophrenia and depression, which CBG can effectively handle.
- MRSA (Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus): The MRSA strain of staph has developed resistance to various antibiotics, due to which its treatment has become quite challenging. But strong antifungal and antibacterial properties of CBG can remarkably treat it.
- Glaucoma: CBG reduces intraocular pressure, thereby treating glaucoma.
- Osteoporosis: By promoting the growth of bones, adding strength to connective tissues, and helping the healing of fractures, CBG can prove to be an effective treatment for bone-related conditions like osteoporosis.
- Colon Cancer: According to a study conducted in 2014, CBG can inhibit a tumor’s growth and block colorectal cancer cells. So, it can be excellent support for treating colon cancer.
- Overactive Bladder: CBG is effective in reducing contractions in an overactive bladder, thereby alleviating its symptoms.
- Eczema and Psoriasis: Since CBG has strong anti-inflammatory properties, it is used in some topical formulations to treat conditions like psoriasis and eczema.
- Pain: Whether your pain is associated with cancer or multiple sclerosis, CBG can reduce pain from various sources. It has better pain-relieving properties than THC without making you high.
Considering all the benefits of using CBG oil, now that you have made up your mind to buy it, here are a few factors you must consider:
Full Spectrum or Isolate:
Isolate is CBG only in its pure form, while full-spectrum has other beneficial compounds like flavonoids and terpenes. So, it’s better to choose full-spectrum oil over isolate.
Source of Hemp:
The hemp plants from which your oil is extracted should be organically grown on US farms. They follow strict standards of production and ensure quality in all aspects.
CO2 is one of the most reliable methods of CBG extraction from hemp plants. During this process, the beneficial compounds are kept intact, and their effects are not compromised.
Ensure that a third-party lab tests the oil you are buying for quality and purity.
The reputation of the product’s manufacturer is a significant factor to consider. They should be known in the market for producing pure quality CBG products only.
CBG is most commonly available in oil and tincture forms that you have to administer sublingually. But topical formulations are also available, mainly used for skin conditions and pain relief.
Give attention to the CBG concentration in the oil, which should be high enough to give the desired effects but not too high to cause side effects.
Since you would be using CBG oil for a long time, the price should be reasonable and affordable.
With so many benefits and effects, CBG has become a prevalent cannabinoid used by many. However, consider the factors mentioned above to make the right choice and gain most of the benefits.