No employee wants an unclean and dirty workplace. There is legislation in Queensland that states that failure to comply with hygiene standards will result in hefty fines. Besides penalties, unsafe hygiene not only upsets the aesthetics of the work environment but also impacts the wellbeing of workers and employees. Untidy workspaces increase stress levels and lessen everyday work motivation.
One thing that you want the most is to keep your office tidy. However, due to lack of time and continuous workload, all those clean and green plans cannot move further. Office cleaning services can be your best bet, but you also want your employees to tidy up their workplace.
Best Ways to Promote Workplace Cleanliness
Office cleaning services can maintain a healthy and clean environment, which is a must for every business owner. However, you don’t want to overdo it because you want your employees to learn the value of a tidy work station. Here are some ways on how you can foster cleanliness in your workplace.
1. Throwing your trash is much easier when trash bins are all over the place. However, be sure that someone takes the initiative to take out the garbage daily. Trash, when left alone, pile up and become a common ground for germs and bacteria to breed. The last thing you want is unproductiveness because of health issues.
2. Be sure to stock up cleaning products so that people can accomplish tasks well. As a manager, your office should never run out of cleaning essentials such as microfiber cloths, dustpan, broom, brush, mop, vacuum cleaner, and all-purpose cleaner.
3. Do not tolerate clutter desks. Work stations are where your employees usually do their bulk works. To avoid confusion and possible human-failures, keep this area the most organized space in the office. Make sure to encourage everyone to throw unnecessary things after the workday.
4. Try to regularly scheduled office cleaning and be serious about it. Office cleaning services can clean the workplace thoroughly for you. But to avoid deep cleaning, which will take several days depending on the severity of the office, have your employees do regular cleaning as much as possible.
Why Is A Clean Workplace the Key to Success?
1. One thing that attracts potential clients is a tidy work environment. The first impression counts and cleanliness in the office shows excellent professionalism. Dirty floors and smudgy conference rooms tell the client you lack the management to take care of your employees as well as your second home – the office.
2. A clean environment or workplace suggests the superiority and quality of products and services. Most customers will certainly judge a service based on how the office feels. It is heartbreaking enough for clients to walk away without having the chance to talk with them because of a lousy environment.
3. Happy employees result in more work efficiency. And one thing that makes them feel contented is a well-maintained environment. An average person spends 8 hours in an office. You may want them to be comfortable enough to keep being productive.
However, if you do not want to task them with cleaning duties because of the bulk works at hand, you may invest in Office cleaning services. Cleanliness tells prospects that you care about your brand and the health of your employees. A happy employee leaves an excellent first impression, which possibly an essential thing that can land you a new client.