YouTube is ranked second most often visited website on the globe. As of 2021, it has over 2.3 billion users, and this figure is growing every day. The possibility of broadcasting and advertising your brand or service for such a huge audience makes YouTube a perfect place for promoting your brand. Use these 5 useful tips to learn how to get more views on YouTube.
How Can Video Editing Help Your YouTube Channel?
Deciding to start your own channel on YouTube, you have to understand that you are not the first to come up with such an idea. There might be dozens, if not hundreds, of other channels working on this platform that share content similar to yours.
So how can you stand out on the overcrowded YouTube website? What should you do to make your target audience click on your video, not your opponent’s one? There’s only one answer: your content should be better; it should be more interesting, more professional, more entertaining, more educational.
Also, your content should be of excellent quality. With quality video editing software, you can scale your business. Learn more about Why Is Video Editing So Important for a Successful YouTube Channel at www.pc4sy.com
However, instead of all these qualities, your videos must have catchy editing that keeps grabbing the viewer’s attention from the start to the end. If you are a business owner and trying to draw more customers to your business by establishing a youtube channel of your brand, hiring a video production agency in Byron Bay to ensure the quality that gets you customers and boosts your sales.
Learn more about it here; let’s dive into details about why video editing is crucial for your YouTube channel.
What Does Video Editing Give You?
Everyone who has shot a video for YouTube knows that it is never done in one shot. The final cuts we can all see on the countless YouTube channels used to be small parts of videos that had almost nothing in common. Editing is the thing that turns scattered pieces of video into a coherent video product revealing some common topic. What else do you get when editing a video for YouTube?
- You get the chance to check out if everything you’ve planned shooting has been shot. Besides, you can review separate pieces of video to make sure they don’t need to be reshot. In fact, a video for YouTube may involve not only video materials but also images, screenshots, and other visual content that might be added as b-rolls to the final cut.
- By editing videos, you make the footage flow smoothly and seamlessly so that the product looks like a video made in one shot. Also, the video editing process allows eliminating some minor flaws that might have happened in the process of shooting. You can trim, cut, regulate the pace of the video, and it’s all with the help of YouTube editing software.
- Video editing allows creating clips that look nice and polished with the help of countless tools that come with the video software for editing. You can improve the colors of your video, add some visual effects, and apply countless transitions. Transitions play a huge role in any video production as they work as a path between the shots and scenes, helping to combine everything in a single meaningful piece. The better you work on your video, the smoother it will look.
- Perfect sound effects. Video editing is the only way you can add audio effects to your product. Video editing software, like Shotcut, allows you to overlay the music and sound effects on the video to make it more lively and emotional. The sound in the video is as important as the picture. Video editing gives you all the possibilities for assembling the music into the final cut. You can control the volume of the background music, apply the fade in and out feature, all sorts of audio filters, and many more.
- Editing gives space to creativity. Believe it or not, but your initial vision of the final cut may be far more primitive than the product you get in the end. This is the best thing about video editing.
How to Edit a Video for YouTube?
Editing a video is not as simple as it might seem at first sight. This process demands time, creative thinking, and some skill. Here’s what you will have to do to edit your videos:
- Choose video editing software. If you don’t have any experience in video editing, you may try Lightworks’ free version. It features lots of tools that can help to edit short videos. More experienced users should check out the paid versions of LWKS or FXhome There’s no way one can say which of these programs is better as everything is very individual, and the thing you feel comfortable with may be unacceptable for someone else.
- The next step is importing your videos to the program and the editing itself. Cut, trim, change the pace, add transitions, and do everything you think necessary to make the final product flow smoothly. Make sure the shots you keep reveal the plot of your story (any video is a kind of a story). Remember that a video is not just a beautiful picture; it has to contain some message for your audience.
- When you already have the rough cut, it’s time to add some special effects, b-rolls, images, graphics, and audio effects to your video. These elements should add to the story but not drag attention from the main plot. The goal of additional materials is to make the video more dynamic. Besides, things like b-rolls can work well as links between the shots.
- Make final touches. To make your video preserve its high quality even on a big screen, it should be of high definition, like 720p or 1080i. According to the YouTube requirements, the aspect ratio of the video should be 16:9. Keeping to these, you may be 100% confident that your video will look great regardless of the size of the screen it will be watched on. You also shouldn’t forget about the description of your video. It’s super important as, using the right keywords in the description, you increase the chances of your video being seen by a larger number of people.
The decision to edit your videos or not is only yours. But when making it, ask yourself whether you want to be “one of many” or “the best.” If you choose the latter, then quality content and professional video editing is your ticket to success.