A good air conditioning can make your home a more pleasant place to live in. Especially in today’s technology, air conditioners don’t only offer cooling effect but is equipped with smart features. Some AC units can enable the users to control the temperature, humidity, and time of use. A lot of AC brands have now released green air conditioners that are SMART and energy-efficient.
Why Get an Air-Conditioning Unit?
- Improve Ventilation. The air-conditioning unit can filter the air, which can remove pollutants and irritants in the air.
- It Keeps The Insects Away. The unit can also filter out annoying insects out of your home.
- Better Sleeps. Getting the right temperature helps you get better sleep. Thus, giving you a good day the next morning.
- It Protects Appliances and Furniture. It also helps protects the lifespan of our gadget longer. It is especially true for phones and computers that require a cooler temperature to maintain its function.
If you’re planning to get an air conditioning unit for your home, Here are some factors you may want to look up. Read on:
Get The Right Size of the Air Conditioning Unit
The size of the room is one of the factors you have to consider when buying an air conditioning unit. The efficiency of the AC unit should depend on the size of your home or room to be cooled. To give you a rough idea, a regular air conditioner has cooling capacities that range from around 5,500 Btu per hour to 14,000 Btu per hour. You should be able to calculate the sufficient cooling size (Btu/hr) that your home needs to prevent possible waste of electricity and money.
Here are the steps to calculate the proper sizing of AC units:
- Measure the length and width of your room or house.
- Multiply the measured length to the width to get the area of the room.
- The area of the room should be multiplied again to 25 Btu to get the cooling capacity.
- You can also try to use an AC calculator available on the internet.
Know The Type of Air conditioners Available.
Choosing the type of air conditioner is also essential for your home. It should depend on your reason or intention why you need and air conditioning unit. Do you need to AC unit cooling down your whole space or just a specific room? Can you accommodate the installation or need something like a temporary AC unit? Here are some questions you might want to consider when choosing the type of unit you want
Are you a bit unsure what type of air conditioners to get? Worry no more. Here is the breakdown of the typical air conditioner available in the market.
- Central Air Conditioning– This unit can cool large houses. However, this needs to be installed with a lot of planning and preparation before being functional.
- Ductless or Mini-split– This unit are more efficient in cooling a smaller room such as bedrooms and living room. They are also powered with less electricity and less noise. If you’re interested in buying one, check out this post.
- Window Air Conditioner- It’s also known as “unitary unit” and usually installed for smaller spaces.
- Through-the-Wall Air Conditioner- These are air conditioning units that are similar to window air conditioners but are more efficient and usually installed permanently. You may want to know more about these air conditioners through https://toohumid.com/best-air-conditioner-reviews/through-wall.
Check Energy Efficiency Of The AC Units.
The efficiency of a room air conditioning unit is measured through EER or “ Energy Efficiency Ratio. ” It is essential information when buying an AC unit, especially for those people who want to save money. Look for at least 12 in the energy guide label of your AC units. The rate 12 for EER means that the Air conditioning units have passed the astringent energy regulation set by the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency.
Other Features You Should Check Out
It’s also vital that you confirm the suitability of the AC unit’s power requirements with your house’s electrical system. It ensures that no power interruption or problem can occur even with a long period of use. It’s also helpful to get an air-conditioning unit with excellent features such as a sliding filter for easier cleaning and turbofan.
Choosing an excellent air conditioning unit for your home is no easy feat. Ensuring that you get the best air conditioners for your home will not only save you money, but it can also help with your well being.