Turkey has become a well-liked location in recent years for people seeking to grow their enterprises and improve their quality of life. Anyone seeking to start over in a new nation will find that Turkey has a lot to offer. Turkey investor citizenship is made available to do this.
The program enables you to become a Turkish citizen after you make a qualifying investment. In this article, you’ll explore the process of obtaining citizenship in Turkey by investment.
What is Turkey Citizenship by Investment?
Turkey citizenship investment is designed to attract foreign investment and boost the Turkish economy. It’s a program allowing individuals to acquire Turkish citizenship by making a significant investment in the country. In addition, it provides investors with numerous benefits, including the right to live and work in Turkey.
What Are The Benefits of Citizenship by Investment in Turkey?
There are several benefits of the program including:
- A fast and easy way to get citizenship
- The right to live, work, and study in Turkey
- Dual citizenship
- Family reunification: As a main applicant, you can include your spouse, dependent children under the age of 18, and children of any age with disabilities.
- An easier access to E2 Visa, and
- An easy Schengen visa.
Who is Eligible for Turkey Citizenship by Investment?
To be eligible for citizenship by investment in Turkey, you must meet the following criteria:
- You must be at least 18 years of age
- You need to pay the relevant costs and taxes, and
- You shouldn’t have stayed in Turkey illegally.
Documents Needed For the Application Process
- Passports of all applicants
- Birth certificates of all applicants
- Proof of clean criminal records of all applicants
- Residence Proof (It can be a recent utility statement)
- Biometric and colored passport photos of all applicants
- Marriage certificate if applies
- Death or divorce certificate of spouse if applies
- Proof of Health Insurance that is valid in Turkey
- Following a qualifying investment route, and
- A Turkish Tax ID number.
Investment Options for Turkey Citizenship by Investment
If you’re wondering how to become a citizen of Turkey, you also need to be aware of the acceptable investment routes. They consist of money transfer, employment creation, and real estate investment. Details are provided below:
- Property Investment: You can get Turkish citizenship by investing in real estate in the country. The minimum investment amount for property investment is $400,000, and you must hold the property for at least three years.
- Creation of Jobs: This option includes creating jobs for a minimum of 50 Turkish people. So, you can establish a company and employ local people.
- Capital Transfer: The last option is capital transfer of at least $500,000. You can deposit this amount to:
- A Turkish bank,
- Government bonds, or
- Invest in fund shares.
It’s important to keep the investment for three years. As an additional note, the property investment option of Turkey citizenship by investment is quite popular. The reason is that it entails a lower investment, and their values are expected to rise. Also, it’s possible to sell or rent such properties.
How to Get Turkish Citizenship
The process of obtaining Turkey citizenship by investment is relatively straightforward, and involves the following steps:
- Choose your investment option: Decide whether you want to invest in real estate, open a business, or make a capital transfer.
- Hire a local lawyer: It is advisable to hire a local lawyer to assist you with the process of obtaining Turkish citizenship. Your lawyer will help you navigate the complex legal procedures involved and ensure that your application is processed smoothly.
- Get your tax ID number: It’s important to get this number to proceed with legal processes. After you get a tax number, you’ll open a bank account in Turkey.
- Then, collect the necessary documents.
- Get a residence permit after once you’ve completed the investment.
- Finally, all the paperwork is submitted to the Provincial Directorate of Census and Citizenship.
- You’ll get your Turkish passport in three-four months after the application
So, with its rich cultural heritage and friendly people, Turkey has much to offer. Also, it allows you the opportunity to apply without being in Turkey physically.
Even if you’re in Turkey, you can finish the process in a very short time. If you want to get this opportunity, don’t wait and apply today for Turkey citizenship!