As a pet owner, buying a pet carrier is one of the most important things you will do for your pet and yourself. Pet carriers are essential, and today, we’ll discuss the importance of pet carriers and the factors to consider before you order a unique pet carrier. So please grab a cup of tea as we guide you through the journey of buying the best luxury pet carrier for your pet.
But before we talk about things to consider before ordering a pet carrier, let’s take a quick look at what a pet carrier is and its importance.
What Is a Pet Carrier, and Why Do You Need One?
A pet carrier is a portable box in the form of a purse, backpack, crate, or cage used for transporting pets—these carriers house pets like dogs, cats, and hamsters.
Whether you are taking your pet to the vet or traveling to a long destination, your pet needs a carrier for the same reason you need a seat belt, that is, for protection against an accident. Just as you want to feel secured at the start of your trip, your pets also want to feel fastened and secured in a protective case. Even if you suddenly hit the brake or overtake a vehicle, your pet will be safe.
However, the level of protection depends on the quality of the pet carrier and the longevity of the journey, so you have to be extra careful when choosing a carrier for your pet.
Importance of Pet Carriers
The importance of pet carriers are countless. Imagine your dog is sick, and you want to take it to the vet; it won’t be comfortable if you carry it in your arms, even if you are taking it in a car, the four-legged friend won’t be relaxed. But if you have a portable carrier, you’ll put your pet in the carrier and take it comfortably to the vet. This example is just the tip of the iceberg; here are the essential importance of pet carriers:
- Travel: Pet carriers made traveling with pets easy and fun. Whenever you are going to a park, a vet, or another country, you’d need a pet carrier. However, there are different types of travel pet carriers. Some of these carriers are made specifically for use in cars, while others are guaranteed on board pet carriers that you can use when traveling by air.
- Comfort and Convenience: A pet carrier will provide a comfortable environment for your dog; it will feel warm and cozy inside. In terms of convenience, they provide portability, enabling you to carry your pet wherever you go. For your convenience and that of your pet, choose a carrier that suits your use and preference.
- Safety: This is a critical reason why you have to get a carrier for your pet. There are many situations where you have to leave your pet indoors; in such circumstances, you wouldn’t want your pet to be roaming about as it can harm itself, so the best thing to put your pet in its carrier before leaving.
What Are the Things to Consider Before Ordering a Pet Carrier
There are different types of pet carriers online, and one pet carrier has some things that the other doesn’t have. Before ordering a pet carrier, there are many things to keep in mind. Here are things to consider:
The primary factor to consider before ordering a pet carrier is the price. Mostly, you can get the right pet carrier at an affordable price. But most luxury pet carriers are costly, apart from the carrier’s cost, you also have to consider the amount you will spend on delivery.
The quality of a pet carrier depends on the material used. Mostly, pet carriers are of two materials; hard plastic and soft-sided. You’ll have to decide between these two materials depending on your travel needs. Apart from travel needs, you also have to choose a carrier with proper ventilation.
- Hard Plastic Carriers: They are usually cheap and made of polypropylene and durable plastic. Hard plastic carriers are easily cleaned and rinsed out. These heavy carriers are mostly airline approved pet carriers for large dogs and cats.
- Soft-sided Carriers: They are usually made of nylon fabric with a removable rigid bottom that is easily detached for cleaning. Many have zippers that allow easy opening on the side and top, they also come with mesh sides for ventilation. If you’re willing to take your pet into the plane’s cabin, then a soft-sided carrier is the best option for you.
Different people have different design tastes; when choosing a pet carrier, consider a design that suits your needs and preference. Crates are meant for big dogs; backpacks are perfect for medium-sized pets, while purses are used for smaller pets.
Your pet’s safety is crucial; before ordering a pet carrier, choose a carrier with a suitable locking mechanism. If the lock is not good, the pet can break the lock and get injured in breaking it.
When ordering a pet carrier, order from a well-known brand. Known brands provide you a good deal & lower prices mostly. There’s also a warranty if the carrier damages, and you’ll see the review of other customers, thereby giving you the chance to decide on buying or not.
Ease of Use
Some pet carriers aren’t easy to use; you’ll have to suffer before putting your pet inside and when removing It. Before ordering a carrier, make sure you can quickly put in your pet and take them out. Also, choose a carrier that can be easily washed.
Another point to consider before ordering a pet carrier is the distance of travel. If you’re going to use the carrier for long trips, it should have room for food and water containers. However, if you’re traveling a short distance, you can buy a backpack or purse.
To make your pet feel at home during travel, put things inside their carrier that reminds them of you, a cozy blanket, or the toys your pet likes to play with; this will keep it in the company and reduce loneliness. You can also consider putting clothes on your pet.
It is also crucial you buy a pet carrier weeks before you travel; this move will make your pet get used to it and love staying in it.