Cable rollers were made to make the job of handling and installing cables in construction places easier. They are popular for their use in construction places like telecoms, power cable installations, and utilities. They are made of zinc plating and designed for sturdiness and to maintain a consistent performance. With cable rollers, you can have an easy installation process and your cables would be protected by these cable rollers while they are being laid on the ground.
They are mechanical devices that are commonly used in the field of construction and mining. Their main job is to smoothen the procedure of installation of cables in the field. These cable rollers hold the cables on the ground and with the aid of the pulley system, the workers lay the cables with ease. Cable rollers are also used to pull cables out from the ground and the area of installations is harsh and abrasive. Cable rollers help in making the process of pulling cables frictionless and smooth with otherwise could destroy the cables.
There is a range of sizes of cable rollers and each of them can hold weights of different capacities. The rollers are also helpful for places in cable pulling where there are inclines and corners. They also help protect the cables from exposure before installation so that the elements in the environment can’t cause any damage or rust.
The cable rollers we use are made of metal element steel which gives it a smooth finish. The powder coating on the cable rollers makes them durable and helps them to endure harsh conditions on a working site. The cable rollers also come with ball bearings that help in the movement of cables. The rollers in the cable rollers are made of two materials which are nylon and aluminum material.
In the working site, they help the workers and also protect them from any incidents which could occur due to the laying around cables, friction caused by fold and leading to short circuits which could life-threating and damaging
Types of cable rollers
There are multiple types of cable rollers which perform different functions.
Manhole Cable Rollers
This type of cable roller is used on the edge of holes to assist in rolling cables in a hole. They are used in sites where there are mining and underground construction job. They are strategically placed on the edge of the hole so that the friction that is created when a cable is pulled from duct or manholes can be diminished. These manhole cable rollers are designed in a curving shape with three rollers to help in the process of easing the friction and traction that may be caused when the cable is dragged. There are various types of manhole cables each meant for a different function; also the function they perform is decided by their size.
Straight Cable Rollers
There are three specifications in cable rollers. Each straight cable roller has its solicitation but ultimately they all do the same job. There are the following three types of straight cable rollers
- List cable rollers: Their function is to bridge a single cable trench. They look like a single pulley system that has many solicitations and can be used to bridge gaps cable spaces between two points in the workplace. They are used un large buildings construction to aid in the cable installation process.
- Pulley block cable roller: The cable roller pulley back system consists of cable rollers which are joint together to help in bridging gaps between two or more cables. The cable roller pulley block is made up of four rollers and help in bridging gaps. They also help in making a differentiation between sets and then pulling all together to join them. The differentiations they provide help in managing the stress so that each cable can do its job without problems. The isolation of cables is essential so the workers can know which to pull
- Ground roller: The hold the single cables tightly to the ground so that they can effectively pull out without any harm coming to them.
Triple corner cable roller
The triple corner cable rollers are used so that the cables can pass around corners without getting any resistance or friction which can cause harm to the cable lines. The triple corner blades lessen the effort needed to pull or drag the cable. Triple corner rollers can be joint together and be long enough to cover the cable till the bend. They can also hold heavyweight of up to 300 kilograms without breaking.
Cable Laying Roller
A cable laying roller is a roller held by a stand made up of aluminum. The function of these cable laying rollers is to make a path for the cables in a construction site or building. They are mostly the set of rollers that are used at the end of the construction. Also, these rollers can be made on modifications so that they can easily fit in construction sites and also be used for industrial purposes.
Bell Mouth Cable Roller
These cable rollers are essential in circumstances where cable has to go through a duct. Bell Mouth Cable Roller is specifically made to protect the cables which go through a duct. This is to protect the duct from getting damaged by friction. This bell-shaped conduit can be attached to the conduit so that the passing goes through swiftly and not touch the duct.
What is the purpose of using cable rollers?
- Cables are costly and it is essential that you protect them. These cable rollers aid you in protecting these cables when you move them one point to another without putting in the effort.
- When electric cables are laid on construction sites carelessly this can turn to inductive or capacitive due to the bends and kinks in the cables. Also, this can cause shots circuits and the irregular electric output can cause damage to expensive electric material.
- Also, these cable rollers aid in saving time when you move cables from one place to another.