Are you on a strict diet, but longing for chocolates? Then it is time to switch to some guilty-free and healthy protein bars. These bars are a great source of protein, dietary fibres and all sorts of other nutrients that are required for maintaining a healthy and fit body. If you are into fitness, then this is the best go-to snack for you.
The nutrient composition of bars by different brands can vary according to the ingredients and are formulated as per the requirement of your body. Most of the protein bars that are available in the market are manufactured using healthy ingredients like dates, dried fruits, whey protein, nuts, seeds, and whole grains such as oats or quinoa. These protein-rich bars ensure that your body gets the right amount of nutrition. The bars contain about 5–10g of good fat, 25–30g of healthy and clean carbs, 20- 35g of protein and 5–10g of dietary fibres.
Brands for buying protein bars: You can find a lot of brands in the market that offer healthy and tasty protein bars such as MuscleBlaze, RiteBite, Yoga bars, Hyp, Max Protein, etc. These bars are formulated especially for health-conscious people who do not wish to gulp down any extra amount of sugar or any unhealthy ingredients. They are the best and most convenient snacks that you can have anytime and anywhere.
Benefits of consuming protein bars
- The protein bars provide your body with instant energy and the right amounts of nourishment that is required by the body.
- The bars are a great source of dietary fibres, that helps in regulating your bowel movement and management of weight. It helps in improving the body’s digestive system.
- The bars are rich in vitamins and minerals
- The bars are rich in protein, thus it helps in muscle building and repairing.
- These highly nutritious snacks keep your hunger pangs at bay.
Things to consider while buying a protein bar:
- Carbohydrates: Carbs are great for providing your body with energy, but more amounts can lead to weight gain. Thereby, we suggest you go for low carb content if you wish to develop lean muscles. The bar should not contain more than 20 grams of protein.
- Protein: The more protein the bar contains, the better is it for your body. It should contain whey protein/ soy or pea proteins.
- Fibre: As already said, fibres are great for improving your digestion and weight management, so go for products that contain at least three grams of fibre per serving.
- Fats: The bar should not contain any trans fats. It can contain less than three grams of low saturated fats per serving.
- Oils: Avoid protein bars which are made using palm oil or kernel oil.
- Sugar: Always make sure the bar doesn’t contain any refined sugar. Read the ingredient lists carefully, and if it mentions anything like sugar, high fructose corn syrup, or sucrose, then stay away from it. Xylitol, sorbitol and maltitol should also be avoided as they cause bloating and gas-related problems.
: If you are in need of energy, do not want to eat unhealthy food and satiate your hunger pangs all at the same time, then nothing can be as good as munching a protein bar.