Getting verified on social media is a massive deal. Verification is a trend that was first seen on Twitter (the place where most trends start) way back in 2009. Since then, pretty much every major social media site has adopted the blue checkmark as a symbol to identify a verified account. While the checkmark is by no means an indication of how good an artist is, there is no doubt it carries a significant cachet. Verification gives an artist validity, and it is an important tool for brand promotion.
On music streaming platforms such as Audiomack, verification brings many perks and advantages. Verified artists get more viewership and their catalog gets more streams. People generally perceive the verification mark as a badge of who is the “real deal.” So how does an artist authentically acquire verification? In truth, it is not an easy task. But it is possible for an artist to make their account as visible and relevant as possible. This will maximize their chances of getting verified. Learn more about How To Get Verified On An Audiomack Account at www.landroidapps.com
The Audiomack Verification Process
On this streaming platform, content creators who have been verified have a distinctive gray check on their accounts and profile. The website has a list of conditions that must be met before a creator can submit an application for verification:
- Have completed all steps in the profile creation process and have a current header and profile picture.
- Provide correct links to the same individual’s accounts on most social media platforms.
- Maintain a positive public image of your artistic career on social media.
- Must have made 5 or more official releases
An artist who meets the criteria will also need to have a minimum of 1000 followers and at least half a million plays on their profile. Meeting those targets along with the other requirements qualifies an artist for consideration. Even then, there is no guarantee of verification.
How To Increase The Chances Of Verification
The stringent requirements are an attempt to prevent any posers or frauds from getting verified. Although fulfilling them is not a guarantee of verification, it is a step in the right direction. However, there are still some other things an artist can do to boost their chances even higher.
- Use a high-quality genuine profile photo. It should be a picture of the artist or their chosen logo or brand.
- A well-tempered, authentic, and interesting description and bio on the profile also helps. Links to new releases and merchandise or even a personal website are good additions.
- Include as many links to social media accounts as possible. It is important to have a presence on all the major sites: Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Snapchat and TikTok are also good.
- Uploads should be limited to unique content and copyrighted materials.
It is critical to be honest and transparent. Any attempt to purchase plays or follows will lead to an immediate ban. The verification checkmark separates authentic artist accounts from accounts created by fans or that are false. This gives musicians credibility and enables them to grow their fan base and revenue streams. Verification provides opportunities for their account to be monetized. It is an asset that should not be overlooked.