Dust is everywhere. A place may be freshly cleaned but the place is never free from dust since it is everywhere, a particle unseen to the naked eye. Such a common element is overlooked for its possible effects on our health as we are unaware that it can cause great effects on our health.
In this article, you will learn more about how dust affects your health, how to fight it with cleaning, and where to get the best maid service Houston to keep your place as spotless as it can be.
HOW DOES DUST AFFECT YOUR HEALTH?
Lungs are the most affected organ when it comes to dust inhalation. The kind and size of the particles determine the gravity of its effect on our organs.
Most common reactions to dust are coughing, wheezing, and difficulties in breathing. However, prolonged exposure to large particles may cause permanent shortness of breath as the particles can block passageways. In worse cases, individuals may develop asthma, rhinitis, tracheitis, or bronchitis. More severe cases can be caused by the exposure to and inhalation of chemical, metallic, and biohazard dust.
Dust can also cause skin and eye irritation. Prolonged exposure may lead to permanent allergic reactions. As conditions may vary per affected individual, it is best to consult with a doctor to know more about your reaction to these particles.
KEEP YOUR PLACE DUSTLESS AND SPOTLESS
Regular cleaning is the best way to ensure your place remains dust-free as much as possible.
Here are some tips on how to keep the dust out:
- Have a shoe closet by the door and use separate indoor slippers. If you need to keep your shoes in a walk-in closet, then make sure to find time to dust the soles properly before storing it back on the shelf.
- Make sure to clean your filters– air conditioning units, vacuum, humidifiers, dehumidifiers, etc.
- Clean your air vents.
- Vacuum at least once a week and do not spare even the tightest corners.
- Change your bed sheets and pillow sheets weekly to avoid collection of organic dust from skin.
- Use damp cloth on hard surfaces as it collects dust more efficiently than dry cloth.
- If you have a pet, groom them in one area, preferably in the bathroom where it would be easy to clean up stray fur.
BEST MAID SERVICES IN HOUSTON
Keeping your home dust-free can be quite a chore but it is important to avoid any possible negative health effects. To make it easier for you, hiring a maid service is best and is something that can be worked around your schedule. You can check out Modern Maids, one of the top maid services in Houston.
Modern Maids offers standard cleaning, deep cleaning, and moving in and moving out cleaning. Their cleaners are well-trained in housekeeping as attested by the glowing customer reviews on their website.
You can easily book them via website and mobile. For special arrangements and specific requests, best to give them a call.
Trust the professionals to do the job for you!