An estate agent is someone who has the job of selling and renting out different types of properties to their clients, such as residential or commercial properties. Here in England, you can easily find any estate agents in St Helens, London and many other cities.
What exactly does an estate agent do?
An estate agent acts as a bridge between someone who wants to sell their property and someone who is looking to sell their property. Their job is to negotiate from both sides until an agreement that both parties are happy will is settled upon. An estate agent is meant to draw up all paperwork required by both parties for the agreement; this agreement is also drawn up by an estate agent which is later signed by both parties. We call this agreement an offer to purchase.
Every estate agent has their own fee according to the contract they give their clients, this means their fee will depend on the selling price of the property their client wants to be sold. This fee is paid to the estate agent by the seller and they do not set these fees and the client can discuss the terms with the estate agent.
Advantages of hiring an estate agent
- – An estate agent can professionally handle any issue that you face during the sale of your property, such as any legalities or finance issues.
- – Since an estate agent has worked with people in the line of the property before as well, they’ll be able to communicate better terms with the buyer.
- – With the years of experience, an estate agent has more knowledge and understanding of unique skills required by one in order to sell a property.
- – As a client, the estate agent will always protect your interest and you will remain a priority even when the interest of the buyer is involved
- – An estate agent is extremely professional at networking. They have contacts for everything involved in the process of selling and buying properties. You don’t have to go around looking for professionals to set the mortgage or plumbing since the estate agent will have their trusted contacts available to you.
- – An estate agent can easily tell your problems and damages in your property that will render with the selling price that you may have no spotted that easily, such as any sorts of leaks around the property or any issue that will require an exterminator.
- – An estate agent can help make your property look more aesthetically pleasing to a buyer’s eyes. With experience, and agents know what a buyer is looking for and they know exactly how to transform your property according to that.
- – The last but definitely the greatest advantage one can have because of hiring an estate agent is the amount of time and energy you save while selling your property. All the paperwork is drafted by the agent and you simply don’t have to do as much anymore.