Eating foods that are rich in Omega-3 is good for your health. They lower the cholesterol content of your body. They also clear your arteries and make it easier for you to transport blood throughout the body. Make sure you include these dishes in your diet. These are some of the excellent sources of Omega-3.
- This fish is oozing with flavour. Smoked mackerel has an excellent taste, but filleted mackerels are also a fantastic alternative. Given how easy it is to prepare, mackerel is worth it.
- Cod liver oil. Although technically not a food, cod liver oil contains high amounts of Omega-3 and it’s good for your health. It’s a food supplement that you can take once a day. Apart from Omega-3, it also contains vitamins D and A. A single tablespoon of this food supplement can improve your overall health.
- Shellfish is an excellent source of Omega-3, and oysters are among them. They also contain zinc, vitamin B12, and copper. Raw oysters are rich with the nutrients you need. However, make sure that the preparation was hygienic, and the source was clean.
- This tiny fish is available canned or dried. Some people use them as topping for pizza. Due to the strong flavour of anchovies, many people dislike the taste. If you’re one of them, you can try sauces such as Worcestershire sauce and Caesar dressing. Anchovies are a component to create a more distinct taste.
- Given the distinct taste of this fish, it’s a staple in various countries around the world. It’s more expensive in non-coastal places, but cheaper if the supply is abundant. Tuna is a common ingredient used in making sushi, and people eat it raw or slightly cooked. Tuna is also a flexible ingredient, and you can cook it in different ways. Check out the best tuna suppliers selling tuna at a reasonable price.
- Caviar is a luxury food and available at a high price. If you can afford to buy it, you will benefit from the high Omega-3 component. Caviar is usually available as garnish or a starter. The servings are in small quantities, considering the price.
- If you’re vegan, you can still get Omega-3 from other sources such as flaxseed. You can also use flaxseed oil which is getting more popular these days due to the health benefits. Apart from Omega-3, you can also get magnesium and fibre from flaxseed.
- Chia seeds. Another type of seed containing omega-3 is chia. It’s a superfood since it also contains other nutrients such as manganese, magnesium, and selenium. You can find desserts topped with chia seeds. Due to the neutral taste, it’s not difficult to like them. They’re popularity has also made them easier to buy in local markets.
Given these options, you have no excuse for being deficient in Omega-3. You should start eating these foods now, and not wait until you have heart disease and other health issues. Lessen the intake of meat containing unhealthy fat, and stick with these healthy choices.