Do you have eyebrows that look like distant cousins instead of being twins? Are they too thick or thin? Eyebrow stencils can save the day! They are among the latest beauty trends, especially for people who believe that eyebrow is life!
Eyebrow grooming is a growing business these days. Celebrities will agree! The preferences can differ from one place to another depending on what the standard of beauty is. Some people prefer their eyebrows to be straight while some like it dramatic. In recent years, microblading and transplants have also grown in popularity as beauty enthusiasts search for the best ways to make their eyebrows look better.
In this article, however, our focus is on the use of stencils to improve the appearance of one’s eyebrows. Read more to understand this trend and how it can change the way you look!
What is an Eyebrow Stencil?
Basically, eyebrow stencils help you shape your eyebrows. Gone were the days when you have to rely on waxing, threading, or plucking to give your brows more character. With a stencil, you can significantly improve the appearance of your eyebrows so that it can frame your face better in return.
The stencils will help in making your eyebrows perfectly symmetrical. You can fill your eyebrows quickly and easily using the right kit. Whether you want a full arch or a soft curve, the best stencils will help make your eyebrows picture-perfect.
How To Use Eyebrow Stencils
Using eyebrow stencils can have different steps depending on the brand. The manufacturer will provide detailed instructions, so be sure to follow it religiously. Generally, however, the steps will be the same and will include those listed below.
- If you are using a plastic stencil, hold the film and line it up on your brows. Make sure that the eyebrow is exposed and that it follows the curve of the stencil. Press it firmly against the skin, making sure that it won’t slip.
- To make things easier, choose stencils in the form of a sticker. Like with the plastic kind, make sure that it exposes the natural arch of your eyebrow.
- Now, you are ready for the filling. Use a pencil or powder and brush. Use gentle strokes and make sure that you cover all exposed areas of the eyebrow, which will make it look fuller and better. It is the job of the stencil to guide you in shaping the eyebrow. Fill the other side.
- Once you are done filling the eyebrows, now is the time for touching up. Use a brush to do this. Focus on the edges, and this will give your eyebrows a more natural look.
- Use a concealer under the eyebrow. This will help in making your makeup more noticeable.
- Use a tweezer to pluck hair outside of the stencil line. This will make your eyebrows look cleaner.
Choosing the Best Eyebrow Stencils
There are countless options for eyebrow stencils on the market, each with their own claim to fame. To help you narrow down the choices, below are the most important factors to consider.
- Ease of Use: One of the best things you can do is to go online and read reviews from past users. Through the real-life experiences that you are sharing, you can easily determine which stencils are the most user-friendly.
- Brow Shape: This is one of the most important considerations as this will have an impact on how natural your eyebrows will look after the use of the eyebrow stencils. If not, it will be more difficult to fill the stencil.
- Inclusion: Eyebrow stencils come in a set with almost everything that you will need. Consider what is included. Aside from having multiple stencils, it must also include a xpencil, brush, and powder, among others. The most basic, however, include only the stencil and you have to provide your own tools, which should not be a problem if you already have the makeup essentials.
Tips in Using Eyebrow Stencils
Aside from picking the right eyebrow stencil, there are other things that you should do, including those that we’ll briefly talk about below:
- Prime before using an eyebrow stencil. This will secure the stencil and will ensure the proper position once you are ready for the application. A clear wax will come handy to prime your eyebrow.
- Avoid using too much product. This can easily ruin the eyebrows and will make them look unnatural. A little can go a long way. The secret lies in the way you blend and not on over-application. You don’t have to fill all the empty spaces and treat your eyebrows like a coloring book.
- Avoid filling the front of the eyebrows first. While it might seem that the logical choice is to start at the front, this can make your eyebrows look harsh. Start with the tail and this will make your eyebrows look better.
- Using the wrong brush is another mistake that you should not commit. This is one of the sure-fire ways to ruin the effects of the eyebrow stencil. The choice of brush will depend on what you will apply. For instance, it is best to use an angled brush with thin but dense bristles if you are using powder or pomade. Regardless, the most important is to use a clean brush.
- While it is important to properly line up the stencil during the application, this does not mean that you have to keep it at the same place throughout. For the best outcomes, you might need to reposition the stencil at some point. After reaching the arch, you need to move it a bit so that you can fill the other areas.
- Clean your stencils after use if they are not disposable. They can accumulate oil and residue from makeup. Without proper cleaning, they can cause acne and other problems, especially for people who have sensitive skin.
Be more confident with better eyebrows! Look better and start using eyebrow stencils today! The right product and the right techniques will be crucial in achieving the right outcomes!