The furnace system is designed to ensure the highest safety standard with a 99% guarantee. However, there is still a 1% chance of risks that must be taken care of by the homeowners. But many homeowners fail to identify the problem, either because there is not much awareness or just choose to ignore the problem.
To help the homeowners understand and handle dangerous situations better, this article will point out the signs that indicate furnace explosion. They are as follows.
You Can Smell Fuel
Do you unexpectedly smell fuel in the house? Do not ignore your conscience as this may be the indication, warning of the dangers ahead of you. The smell can be because of many reasons, out of which one can be gas leakage in the furnace system.
When you smell gas, never attempt or try to inspect the furnace system. The only thing you must do for the safety of yourself and your loved ones is to vacate the house immediately. Contact the furnace repair services Buffalo, NY immediately.
Always remember, when there is a gas leak, even a simple act like opening an electric appliance or flipping a switch may trigger an explosion. So be very careful and alert in this situation, and distance yourself from any kind of activity.
Carbon Monoxide Sensor Has Gone Off
The furnace generates the heat by burning fuel which in turn releases carbon monoxide. It is an odorless and deadly gas, that is vented out of the house by the furnace system. If the furnace is in bad condition, then the gas will not be let properly outside, thus escaping into the house.
If the sensor of the carbon monoxide has gone off, then it means that the appliance is leaking. There are also high chances that it will be an explosive leakage gas. Therefore, to ensure the safety of others around you, contact the professionals and let the experts do the gas fixing job.
Excessive Heat Experience
The job of the furnace system is to heat the house. But if it heats beyond its temperature setting, then it is a matter of worry. The first thing you must do is to check the system and see whether it is set to the right temperature.
If the setting is set rightly, and you are experiencing heat beyond the normal range, haste to switch off the appliance. This will assure safety from explosions. Do not attempt to repair anything on your own and contact the professionals at the earliest.
How can the furnace system be protected from the explosion?
The prime reason for the explosion is the poorly maintained furnace system. Like all the appliances, the furnace must also be tuned up annually for better operation and safety purposes. Thankfully, there are other ways where one can prevent the furnace from exploding. They are as follows.
- Shut down in the summer – When you do not need the furnace system, it is better to shut it down. This will prevent the system from overheating and also avoid other problems.
- Inspect the appliance regularly – Inspecting the system on a regular basis will help to detect issues in its early stage. This way, the problem will be fixed early, thereby avoiding major repairs, replacements, and explosions.
- Replace or clean the air filters – Air filters are the main part of the system that helps to improve the quality of the indoor air and also helps in the smooth functioning of the system. If the filter is dirty or clogged, it will add unnecessary strain to the system, which will in turn heat and overload the system. Clean the air filters at least once in two months for better operation.
- Always look out for leaks – If you own an oil-fueled furnace, then check for leakage regularly. if leakage is spotted, get it fixed in the shortest time possible.
- Tune Up your furnace system – Last but not least, annual maintenance is very important so that the furnace system and your loved ones are safe from all kinds of troubles, stress, and explosions.
To make sure you are not caught in such unfavoured situations, get help from the professionals of 24 hour furnace repair Buffalo, NY. And the only place you can trust is Smart Home Heating and Cooling, where safety is guaranteed 100%.