Master of business administration Singapore is a master’s course that allows students to study subjects related to business management. It differs from MSc/MA in business administration because the former is more job-oriented and provides practical training. Students will learn how businesses are run and what they should do to be successful in their careers.
“Earning an MBA is a solid investment in your career and future. An MBA degree provides you with an advanced level of knowledge, which allows you to enhance your job performance or move into a new field altogether.” says Sonny Pua, who is the manager of operations at Thomson Reuters.
Students will be learning about topics like strategic management, organization behavior, human resource management, and entrepreneurship. Students will also have the chance to do a field study/project in an organization over a period of time to get practical experience. The MBA is a postgraduate course, and students normally already have at least three years of working experience before they apply for the course. To be eligible to study for an MBA, students need at least 2:2 in their bachelor’s degree or equivalent and have relevant work experience.
Benefits of master of business administration Singapore
- An MBA degree can open doors to new career opportunities. If students have the relevant experience, they may be able to skip certain levels or grades within their organization and go straight to leadership positions. They could also get other job offers from different industries when they apply for jobs.
- Job security – Singaporean organizations are starting to realize that high-quality MBA holders are needed for future development. Hence, individuals can look forward to higher job security in the long term.
- Good income – Students who obtained an MBA degree can expect good pay packages from multinational organizations when they apply for jobs. They could even be appointed as department heads or project leaders without having worked their way up the ladder over a period of time.
- Networking – Students can build their own professional network through the many networking events organized by the career center or industry partners while they are studying for their MBA degree. This allows them to get closer to prominent business leaders, which could be useful in future job opportunities, both locally and overseas.
- Satisfaction – Getting an MBA degree gives individuals fulfillment, and fulfillment is as important as money. Many people choose to do so for the first time in their lives after they have fulfilled enough years of service as regular employees at their current positions.
Singapore ranks 3rd in the world’s best cities to get an MBA degree, contributing to its reputation as ‘the education hub of Asia.’ Many universities in the city offer world-class MBA programs, allowing students to learn from industry professionals and even those who have won international awards for their contributions.
There are more than 10 top-ranked full-time MBA programs in Singapore from which you can choose from. Below is a list of the following schools offering MBA programs:
- Singapore Management University
- NUS Business School
- National University of Singapore (NUS) Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences
- SIM Global Education
- Yale-NUS College
- ISEAS – Yusof Ishak Institute
Master of business administration Singapore is an advanced course for business professionals who want to advance their careers. The course is taught by experienced professors and practitioners, therefore providing a holistic approach to the subject matter so that students can manage their businesses more effectively. Students can attend regular classes or even complete the whole MBA program through an online platform.
Students will be learning about topics like strategic management, organization behavior, human resource management, and entrepreneurship. Students will also have the chance to do a field study/project in an organization over a period of time to get practical experience.