Amazon’s A9 Ranking Explained by AMZing Marketing Agency and How To Increase Amazon Product Ranking.
It is no longer news that Amazon is the giant of the e-commerce world. More than 1 million brands sell their products on Amazon; this means some stiff competition to market and maximize profit.
Top Amazon Marketing Agency, AMZing Marketing, has helpd many clients to reach a million dollar sale per year by optimization all the product listing according to the A9 Algorithm.
As a seller, the Amazon A9 ranking algorithm then plays a significant role in your ability to outrank these competitors and convert significant leads to increase your sales. When you understand the major factors that influence Amazon’s A9 ranking algorithm to improve your product ranking, you will be able to optimize your listings and produce better business results.
AMZing Marketing Agency will expose you to seven major factors that influence the A9 algorithm and how to increase your product ranking. Let’s dive right in then.
How Does A9 Ranking Algorithm Work and What To Do To Increase Amazon SEO ranking?
The A9 ranking algorithm is the systemic algorithm used by Amazon to display the top-ranked and best-selling product(s) for each product category on their page. This algorithm considers certain factors to rank products -factors that are the main focus of our article. You have to take these factors seriously because many shoppers do not scroll past the first page of the search results.
So, you have to learn how to optimize your products to rank on the first page and convert major click-through to make great sales. Unlike Google SEO, Amazon’s A9 algorithm focuses on relevancy and popularity based on customer behavior. Check out the seven factors that influence your product’s relevance and popularity.
- Keyword Relevancy. This is the very first factor that influences the Amazon A9 Algorithm. Here, the goal is to offer relevant products that match shoppers’ keywords. So, you have to use the long-tail keywords most relevant to your product category to get shoppers to click and buy. To ascertain the specific long-tail keywords for your products, you can use tools like AMZing Marketing Keyword Research Tool.
After ascertaining the specific long-tail keywords for your product category, you want to integrate them into your product title and description to rank for them. The precise nature of these keywords then increases your product relevancy. In turn, you move higher up the rankings.
- Conversions. Conversions also contribute a great deal to your ranking. Amazon wants to rank products with high sales conversions with good customer reviews. The best way to get conversions is to ensure your products are relevant to the search queries. Once this relevance is achieved, you get more click-through, leading to high ranking from increased sales.
- Pricing. The products that sell best on Amazon are the ones with the best deals. Shoppers will not buy your products if they are overpriced or have a high price margin compared to your competitors’.
So, what do you do? Compare your competitors’ prices with your prices in mind and strike a balance. If it would not harm your profit, you might even want to bring your prices below your competitors’ to entice shoppers. In no time, you’d experience increased traffic and, consequently, high sales, which would rank your products higher.
- Product listing detailing. This might look trivial to most sellers, but it is a significant factor in the A9 ranking algorithm. You must complete every information about your product listings; detail every benefit and feature in concise highlights.
When potential buyers know how your product(s) will benefit them, they are inclined to purchase. Check your competitors’ product listings information to see if your product has highlight(s) that makes it better.
- Complete Inventory. Always have your products in stock! Amazon would not rank you high if shoppers have to wait days to get your products and can’t have them immediately because such product(s) is out of stock. Shoppers would simply go to other listings with such product(s) in stock; this would mean reduced sales that can bring down your ranking. Hence, constantly monitor your listings to ensure you have a complete inventory. In periods of high sales, regularly re-stock.
- Sales Rank. On Amazon, sales rank is the number of conversions you earn. Amazon ranks every product’s sales performance compared to other similar competitors’. Your sales rank appears on the best seller rating page under the product details page. There is always a different sales rank number for each category. The more sales you make, the lower your sales rank number(high ranking).
- Product Feedbacks and Reviews. For Amazon’s A9 ranking, the watchword is “reviews do not lie.” Amazon ranks products with more positive than negative reviews higher. Shoppers rely on reviews to ascertain whether or not they would buy a product(s). So, Amazon concludes that a higher volume of negative reviews means that your product is not good enough and consequently de-ranks your product(s).
You could use the Amazon Request a review service to encourage buyers to leave you a positive review. More so, always respond quickly to any queries on the purchase of your product.
If you are serious about ranking your product(s) on the first page of your product category to increase sales, you need to optimize your products for these seven factors. You might still be wondering, how exactly does this increase your Amazon sales?
When you pay attention to your keyword relevancy, you will perform better in the search results, earning you more conversions. Getting more sales conversions leads to higher places in the product rankings. Keyword relevancy, pricing, and sales conversion particularly influence your product ranking. So, the importance of these factors can not be overstated.
Hire AMZing Marketing to Increase SEO rankings of your products
The difference between product listings that covert major leads and increase sales and those that don’t are seven(7) A9 algorithm factors. So, you want to continually optimize your products for these factors or start doing so if you have not.