The vascular ultrasound course includes applying pulsed wave, duplex, color, and power Doppler procedures. The investigation of the vasculature comprises
- Extra and intracranial
Defining Vascular Ultrasound?
The painless procedure produces inner body pictures using sound waves. The process is also known as ‘sonography’ or sometimes ‘ultrasound scanning.’
Using gel and transducer placed directly in contact with the skin, the sound waves emitted from the probe enter the skin passing through the gel. It receives the sounds which bounce back. These sound waves are utilized for image formation. It doesn’t use radiation as images are taken in real-time.
This process visualizes the structure and movement of the internal organs, including the blood flow through the arteries and veins.
Use of Vascular Ultrasound
- Ultrasound imaging is but a noninvasive medical test by which physicians diagnose and attend medical ailments.
- It gives pictures of the body’s arteries and veins.
- A study of Doppler ultrasound is but a part of a vascular ultrasound test.
- Doppler ultrasound is used to evaluate the materials’ movement of the body. Doctors can see and evaluate blood flow through veins and arteries in the body.
Sound waves are used to analyze the body’s circulatory procedure and help observe blockages in the veins and arteries. Blood clots are detected. Ionizing radiation has no harmful effects, and it gives impressions of soft tissues.
Apart from fasting, no special preparation is needed here. However, the jewelry should not be worn. You must put on comfortable and loose clothing like gowns.
Common Applications of the procedure
Sonography is majorly used to asses the body’s circulation system. Common uses of Ultra sound are to:
- Help regulate the flow of blood to tissues and other organs of the body.
- Detect and specify blockages like stenosis and anomalies like emboli or plaque and help take the right course for effective treatment.
- Detects thrombosis in the veins of the arms or legs.
- Determine if a patient is stable enough for procedures like angioplasty.
- Analyze the procedures that bypass or graft blood vessels.
- Locate if there is an enlarged artery.
- Examine varicose veins.
About the Course
The emphasis is given on clinical lectures. They support practical hands-on workshops promoted by professionally trained demonstrators. A wide range of ultrasound systems is entrusted in the workshops. They offer chances to use a limb phantom for exercise in ultrasound monitoring.
Clinical lectures are provided for Ultrasound imaging. Artifacts, surgical procedures, and error guides are helpful for specific clinical lectures.
- Normal vasculature and variants
- Examination protocols
- Currently accepted diagnostic criteria
- Case histories
- Pitfalls in interpretation
Clinical applications lectures are also available to the delegates for the vascular ultrasound course.
Due to covid precaution, the courses are mostly socially distanced with fewer numbers. They maintain strict hygiene procedures along with amended course policies to authorize a safe learning environment. The changing government protocols employ a postpone rather than cancellation strategy with all representatives accepting a free and automatic transfer.