People often visit Noida for business or official purposes and consider it to be an industrial belt full of offices and factories. During the trip, you may perhaps want to spend some quality time visiting the nearby places and engage in some kind of activities or try out something new here as a form of entertainment. The truth is that this city has lots to offer, something that people from all over the country are not wary about. New Okhla Industrial Development Area is referred to as in short with the name Noida. It is a city within the NCR (National Capital Region) which falls across U.P. (Uttar Pradesh) State Line. This city is also well connected to Gurgaon, Ghaziabad, and Delhi with the intricate metro network while boasting about DLF Mall, considered to be Delhi NCR’s largest mall.
This city is said to be of the youth as there are numerous education centers and universities here. So, youngsters in huge numbers come here from all over the country to enhance their educational and job prospects. It is also a canter for a wide range of entertainment since it houses offices of major media houses and New Channels in Film City.
This city is still under constant development and there is definitely something or the other offered every few months. You can shop at the high-end malls, splurge in delicious, tasty food and indulge in different activities.
Things to do in Noida
- Worlds of Wonder – Water & Adventure Park: It is claimed to be the biggest water park in Delhi NCR that you can visit to beat the summer heat. You can actually relive your childhood. This park boasts of offering different types of amazing rides, both water and ground and each one can be stated to be equally exciting and sure to boost your adrenaline. This park has been divided into 2 parts, with one being La Fiesta and the other Road Show Zone. This place is also just the perfect place for spending quality time with the family during the weekend. People belonging to all age groups can visit this place to have complete entertainment. Senior citizens are offered special discounts and rates. It is located in Sector 38 and is open from 10:30 am – 7 pm.
- HCL Sector 127: If you want to catch in some fresh air and taste something delicious like paranthas at midnight, then visit HCL building in Sector 127 is the right place. Just behind this build is a whole world unlimited, tasty food, ranging from pav bhaji to bread omelet to different types of paranthas to rice with rajma and Chola. The street vendors offer hygienic, well prepared, fresh food that is affordable. You can also have coffee, tea cold drinks, fresh vegetable, and fruit juice.
- You can find students and HCL night shift: employees visiting this place to have their dinner. Located adjacent to the local police station, this place is very much safe for men and women alike. You can always find this place well lit and crowded even during the midnight.
- Buddh International Circuit to witness F1 Race: The country’s very first F1 racing track has been developed in Noida and some of the biggest names associated with the racing industry can be seen at the Grand Stadium. Watching a race is sure to pump fiercely your adrenaline. It is also claimed to be among the world’s fastest racing circuits and houses 18 lavish and swanky team buildings, paddock club, 41 pit garages, 500 seater media center, and paddock club. It is located at Jaypee Sports City, Sector 25 at Yamuna Expressway, YEIDA, Greater Noida.
- Okhla Bird Sanctuary for bird watching: It is also popularly called Shaheed Chandrasekhar Azad Sanctuary. It is located over Yamuna River at Okhla Barrage and boasts of being home to 300+ exotic birds. A prominent feature of this sanctuary is a large lake that has been created with the damming of the river, lying between Gautam Budh Nagar in the east and Okhla village in the west. You can get to see bird species belonging to the wetland, grassland, and thorny scrub, because of its location. In 1990, this place has been designated by the U.P. government as a sanctuary and currently among the 466 Important Bird Areas (IBAs) in the country. It is located at N Block of Noida Plaza in Sector 95.
- Botanical Gardens: If you want to breathe in the fresh air and spend some with nature, then Botanical Gardens is the place to be. This garden was established in 2002 and is home to numerous primitive plants. An exotic one is known as ‘Psilotum Nudum’ which in Latin word means ‘bare naked’. It is stated to be the descendant of vascular plants that grew around 400 million years ago. There are also 250+ medicinal plant varieties in this garden, thus making this place a beautiful one to stroll about. It is located in Sector 38, Capt. Vijyant Thapar Marg.
- Brahmaputra Market: If you are a foodie then you should visit this market to have some mouth-watering and delicious street food at affordable rates. Here, you can try different types of biryanis, momos, kebabs, tangy Gol gappas, juices, and shakes. You can also explore the market and shop for clothes & accessories, un-stitched fabric materials, utensils, and groceries, etc. It is located in Sector 29.
- Kidzania: This Global indoor themed park is meant for kids and adults alike, where seniors can relive their childhood. It offers edutainment through fun-filled and entertaining role-playing activities. It provides a child-size replica of the whole city, with paved streets, buildings, cars and much more. 90-role playing activities are also offered to allow children to experience the life of a chef, surgeon, pilot, fashion designer, journalist, and other professions. It is not only interesting and educative but also safe. Electronic bands are provided to everyone, so that they can be tracked to ensure safety. It is located in Sector 38.
But the best activities can be indulged to the fullest only if you book the top cheap hotels in Noida that is close to it.