The installation of air conditioning in American households has significantly increased, with approximately 90% of homes being equipped with this technology. In the city of Boston, the average daily high temperatures experienced an upward trend from 61°F to 71°F throughout May. Additionally, cloudy conditions prevail approximately 54% of the time.
Ensuring there are efficient air conditioning systems in Southeastern Massachusetts is paramount for homeowners to maintain comfort throughout the warm summers.
A ductless mini-split AC should help you navigate mass save rebates and manufacturer incentives. This is why residents of America should buy the best in the market, as they will even facilitate installation and repairs.
But why should you install the ductless mini-split AC? This article will examine the benefits of this AC and what it is. Let us get started!
What Is a Ductless Mini-Split AC?
Ductless mini splits do not rely on ducts to cool or heat residential spaces. In contrast, the individual wall-mounted units facilitate air circulation within distinct zones or areas of one’s residence. The systems typically comprise an outdoor condenser unit, a personal evaporating coil, and a fan.
A professional AC technician can efficiently carry out the installation process for the units. The process involves connecting a limited number of electrical wires and refrigerant lines to a centralized exterior condensing unit.
The cooling system is responsible for extracting heat from the interior of your home and transporting it to the exterior unit to disperse into the external environment.
Mini-split air conditioning units offer numerous advantages compared to conventional systems, owing to their enhanced efficiency and increased adaptability. So, if you are considering installing an AC and are still unsure which one to choose, here’s a highlight of the benefits of selecting ductless mini splits.
Advantages of Installing a Ductless Mini-Split AC
This AC has many advantages that have contributed to increased sales, such as:
1. Needs Only Minimal Maintenance
For you to ensure the optimal functioning of your ductless air conditioner, it is necessary to do regular maintenance tasks such as:
- Cleaning the filters.
- Ensuring unobstructed vents on the wall unit by clearing them.
- Maintaining a clean environment around the outside unit to facilitate proper airflow.
Unlike standard HVAC systems, you don’t have to maintain the ducts by cleaning them or fixing any leaks you find. It is advisable to arrange regular annual checks with a qualified HVAC expert, who will:
- Perform a comprehensive examination of the system.
- Detect any issues.
- Undertake any repairs, if required.
A ductless air conditioner can last up to two decades with appropriate maintenance.
2. Maximizes on Energy Saving
This is among the primary reasons why people prefer ductless ACs. The energy consumption of ductless mini-split systems is roughly 60% less than that of traditional cooling systems.
Ductless AC units exhibit higher energy efficiency due to several factors, which include:
- One might deactivate the units in unoccupied rooms instead of cooling the entire house (zone cooling). This practice reduces energy consumption and, therefore, leads to a decrease in one’s electric expenditure.
- In certain instances, conventional HVAC systems may experience leakage within their ductwork, decreasing the system’s overall efficiency. With a ductless AC system, you won’t have to worry about this.
- Ductless air conditioning systems employ variable-speed compressors, which continually adjust to maintain a consistent temperature within the household. They use less energy because they don’t turn on and off repeatedly during the day.
3. Improving Air Quality
While HVAC systems do contribute to air purification inside residential environments, it is worth noting that central units can potentially facilitate the dissemination of contaminants.
Furthermore, inadequately maintained ductwork harbors dust and filth, creating an ideal environment for the rapid growth of mold. Over time, these pollutants are distributed throughout the interior of your residence, posing a potential hazard to individuals within the household who have asthma or allergies.
In contrast to ducted air conditioners, mini-split units do not depend on ductwork. Instead, they have a multi-stage filtering system that efficiently reduces dirt, allergies, pollen, and other impurities within the indoor air environment. Moreover, several models offer washable filters, which are easy to clean and change.
4. Conserves space
Its small size is among the best features of a ductless AC unit. Window units are visually unappealing and intrusive, whereas centralized HVAC systems are large and have intricate designs.
These appliances occupy significant space in the attic or basement and require substantial ducting. A ductless system comprises two components:
- Compressor or heat pump/the external condenser
- The internal air handler
A single outdoor unit can establish connections with a maximum of four interior air handlers strategically positioned on the walls of individual rooms. An alternative option would be to install a ceiling cassette instead of a wall unit to achieve higher discretion.
5. It Is Sound Friendly
Another advantage of ductless mini-split systems is the small amount of noise generated during their operation. Window air conditioning systems tend to develop a higher level of noise due to the placement of the blower within the same room.
The latest mini-split air conditioning systems are equipped with the following systems, which play a big role in noise reduction:
- The unit has fans operating at reduced speeds, thereby mitigating noise levels while maintaining efficient cooling in home rooms.
- The blower and condenser components are strategically positioned outside the residential premises to minimize sound disturbances within the indoor environment.
- There is copper tubing that eliminates the potential for disruptive noises, such as rattling or banging, commonly encountered in duct systems.
- The absence of moving components in the air handler helps these systems run quietly.
6. Easy and Fast Installation Process
Mini-split air conditioners are simpler to set up. Due to the ducts, installing the central HVAC unit can take several days. You’ll also need to put up with some noise, mess, and other inconveniences at home during installation.
Installing ductless mini-splits is less distracting, and based on how many units your home needs, they can be operational in as little as a day.
Mini-split air conditioners, in particular, need only a three-inch hole for the connection between the indoor and outdoor. This eliminates the need to rework the ceiling, floor, or wall to accommodate the ducts.
In addition, 50-foot conduit lengths are available from the manufacturers. Get a professional AC installer to set up the outdoor components somewhere out of sight, like the back of your property.
7. Provides Customized Comfort
Do you want to resolve temperature-related arguments in your household? A ductless system enables zoned temperature regulation by placing separate units in various rooms. Every household member can maintain their ideal temperature by adjusting their room’s thermostat.
Those are the notable advantages of installing a ductless mini-spit AC. This system suits your home, so do not let the warm weather bring discomfort. Reach out to the professional installers and start enjoying the benefits of this advanced AC system.